Monday, September 7, 2009

intimidation

I haven't made much progress on my dress. I feel kind of intimidated by it, I guess. Why do I always get so intimidated when I have a good design or idea? If I screw it up, whatever, right? I'll get it right eventually, as long as I try, right? Especially if I'm off to a great start. It's the same thing with the play I'm writing for my senior comp. I've got about ten pages of notes on characters and scenes and plot and everything, but so far I've only been able to crank out about four pages of legit play. I need 3-5 more by noon tomorrow. I love my plot and characters, and I know this play could kick ass, I just get nervous whenever I write it. What is that? fear of not being good enough? even though I'm the one who came up with the idea? who could write this play better than me? Same with the dress. I designed it. Who could sew it better than me? So why hesitate?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well grab the bull by the horns! If you fail, we won't judge you. Promise.

jamie.t said...

We miss you! Hope your project is going well. Don't worry! We believe in you! :D