Sunday, June 13, 2010

vintage fabric love

Once upon a time, I was wandering through salvation army, when I came across a frumpy, shapeless, oversized vintage dress. Though the cut was hideous, I couldn't help but fall in love with the charming floral cotton it was made of. I bought the frumpy frock for three bucks, inspired by the print, and sewed it into this trendy little sundress. With pockets, of course.

Photobucket


I still had a few scraps left over afterwards, so I made this little scarf out of them. The floral print makes it girly, but the fringe gives it a bit of an edginess, I feel. I'm thinking I might make some more scarves like this and sell them on etsy. I'm having trouble getting a summer job here in Michigan, so I'm a bit worried. I start grad school at NYU in the fall, so I need to make as much money as I can before I move out there. Trouble is, no one here wants to hire me for just two months or so. Sigh.

Photobucket

No comments: