Thursday, March 12, 2009

Cropped cardigan thingy

It's easy to recycle a huge plain t-shirt into something chic and new, but what about all those free tees covered in ugly graphics and advertising? If you don't want to work with the graphic, then you have to find a way to work around it. I got this shirt for free from one of my uncle's basketball games. It had a huge superman S graphic on the front with "AU spartans!" written across the bottom, slightly uncentered and tilted and weird looking. Here's what I made it into--



When I started making the cardigan, I wasn't really sure what it would look like or how I would make it. I just sort of started cutting up the t-shirt around the graphic. I pieced it together with the trial and error method, and somehow I ended up with this cute little garment. Sometimes you just have to dive straight in and see what you end up with.

No comments: